Pages

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Why I am Annonymous

I wanted to do a quick post outlining why I haven't used my real name on this blog. After starting this blog I thought some of the readers might think I am ashamed of being diagnosed with Depression. This is defiently not the case! My illness is a part of my personality, it makes me who I am, it affects my entire life as well as the people in it. However the reason I am annonymous is that I have made a lot of mistakes in my past affecting a lot of people in my life. I want to keep this blog as honest as open as possible and I feel i can do that properly if my identity is unknown!

For example, my last blog post about overdosing, that is information that none of my firends no. They know I was in hospital but for different reason related to my illness. I hope that this makes sense and I am going to keep this blog as honest as fresh as possible. I havent written anything for about two weeks. This is because I have been crazy busy with work and visiting firends on the weekend. I like to tell myself that keeping busy helps control my illness.

I guess its been working. I have been so focused on my job and traveling the UK I havent had time to think about or moan about being ill. It has almost been a good couple of weeks. However the only problem with this is that being busy creates stress that, for me, inflmaes some of my side symptoms. This I guess is my first tip, keep busy, not too busy, but busy enough!

3 comments:

  1. i totally understand. my blog is also anon, not because i am ashamed, but because i don't want to hurt the people who love me.
    i hope you are doing ok.

    http://doyourememberthattime.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience.. Don't give and and no matter how well we are doing, we are not really out of the woods !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. should read : not to give up H O P E no matter what..

    ReplyDelete